[Howto] custom and translated AR validation error messages


I’m putting the finishing touches on a multi-lingual application, and
just posted a blog entry on how I did translate validation errors
generated by ActiveRecord at: http://www.myowndb.com/blog/?p=4

I found it surprisingly easy, and thought I’d document it.
The translation is based on a plugin I plan to publish really really
soon, more info whith the upcoming announcement.

As I’m a newbie blogger, all feedback welcome (even if it’s to say I
shouldn’t post this to the ML :slight_smile:



Well the link doesn’t work… hey, you did say all feedback welcome.

I’d be quite interested to know how this is done. My site won’t be
multilingual at time of launch, but there is a possibility that it
will be someday, and I want to make it nice and easy for myself. I’m
pretty new to this whole rails thing, but I want to make sure my
project is done properly. I’ll be checking back at that blog to see if
you fix it.

It worked when I posted the mail, but didn’t work this morning.

It works again after I logged in my blog account. Strange…
Here’s the link I just visited, and that’s working:



This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs