Employment Hero is one of Australia's fastest-growing tech companies. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. Having expanded globally in late 2020 we will continue to grow rapidly in 2021 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First’ approach with our team. We don’t mind if you live in Broome, Bendigo or Bondi, if you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you.
This role involves developing automation strategies and frameworks across our web application and APIs. You will be collaborating with developers, business analysts and users to understand testing needs and identifying opportunities for automated testing. In this role you'll have proven experience building performance metrics and performance test processes. You will bring your coding expertise, business skills and understanding of modern cloud infrastructure along with a desire to continuously improve.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Develop automation strategy and framework across our web application and APIs
Mentor other members of the Engineering team in best-practice test practices
Create automated test scripts reflecting user interaction incorporated into CI/CD and system uptime reporting
Ownership of test coverage and reporting and driving improvements to these metrics
5+ years developing test strategies and test automation
Experience working with low-level messaging, queues, and data streaming
Testing experience with REST-based design and Microservices
Extensive testing experience with a Front-end framework (preferably React) with an automation tool (eg. Selenium or similar)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Advocate for Software Testing best practices within a CI/CD environment
Experience building performance metrics and performance test processes
Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Masters or higher qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
Virtual yoga classes
Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
Quarterly yearly team celebrations
Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013