This position is eligible for remote working opportunities within the United Kingdom.
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
An engineering team lead within one of AlphaSights’ innovation areas, working in close partnership with innovation area specialists, product, design, data, and other software engineers to drive technical innovation. Our innovation areas in London span a range of subjects, from Finance Analytics to User Engagement, and we’ll be more than happy to go through them in detail as part of the interview process.
**What you’ll do:**
As an engineering team lead, you will be responsible for defining technical direction, and providing technical mentorship and guidance to other members of the team.
You will be focussed on the technical planning, quality of work, productivity and striving to increase the impact of the team’s work, with the expectation that up to 50% of your time will be spent programming.
As a lead, you will be empowered to make independent decisions for the team and will learn how to handle complex management and leadership situations.
**Who you are:**
* Skilled, humble, driven, transparent
* An experienced software engineer looking to level up in their career
* Likely to have been working as an software engineer for 5+ years
* Expert in at least one software programming language
* Doesn’t have to be in our tech stack
* Independent learner, with track record of teaching/mentoring other engineers
* Great communicator
* Solid understanding of modern software engineering practices
* Continuous delivery
* Cloud technology
* Testing approaches
* Functional programming
**Tech stack (previous experience not required):**
* Officially supported back end languages: **Kotlin** (new services), **Ruby**, **Python** (for data processing)
* Officially supported front end language: **React**
* Our software is hosted on **AWS**
* For application deployment, scaling, and management we use **Kubernetes**
* Continuous Integration: **CircleCI**, **Spinnaker**, **ECR**
Learn more about Tech at AlphaSights in this video ([https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3BRzbudLGQt=1s](https://)) and through our engineering website [https://www.alphasights.com/careers/alphatech?locale=en](https://).
London, United Kingdom