Our mission is to fix hiring, making it fundamentally more equitable, effective, collaborative, and human. We’re doing this by building the first intelligent platform for the most important part of the hiring process: interviews and decisions. Our innovative approach has been covered in Inc. Magazine and Quartz, we’re backed by the investors behind Figma, Dropbox and Slack, and advised by thought-leaders including renowned organizational psychologist and NYT bestselling author Adam Grant.
Our product helps people hire better by transforming the most important part of the process: conversations. We do this by making it possible to easily capture, analyze, share and perfect hiring conversations at scale, to help forward-thinking companies build talented, diverse teams.
We have lofty goals and we need a talented, diverse team to make them a reality. You’ll be working directly with the CEO and Head of Engineering, shipping code daily while strategizing on the product with the team.
What you’ll do
• Work with Google Cloud Platform to deploy our application and manage our security and databases
• Work with Twilio, Zoom, and other calling platforms to integrate our technology
• Work with transcription platforms and technologies to improve our transcription
• Improve our software development and deploy processes
We’re looking for someone who
• Enjoys thinking through all aspects of a product, from the database to the user experience
• Likes to move quickly to test ideas and hypotheses, and iterate to find the right long-term solution
• Gets excited about creating something new vs. perfecting something that already exists
• Is comfortable with ambiguity and open questions, and can take concepts to execution
• Has prior experience architecting and building new systems end-to-end
• Has technical leadership experience, e.g. ownership of a product or major component/project
• Has a passion for hiring and believes technology can help make it better for everyone
• Software Engineer with 7+ years of full-stack experience
• Strong JS fundamentals
• Solid CSS experience
• Solid React experience
• Familiarity with a backend framework in Python or similar (NodeJS, Ruby, etc)
Other technology we use
• GraphQL / Apollo
• Jest and Enzyme
• Google Cloud
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel…
• Meaningful equity
• Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous budget for your ideal work environment
• Unlimited PTO, with a minimum # of days everyone must take :)
• Annual learning stipend for courses, conferences, etc.
• Monthly snack pantry delivered to your door
Our goal is to ensure that BrightHire upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn about what you can add to our team.
*Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property.