Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. The position of Software Engineering Manager is open to remote employees within the continental United States as well as locals in commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office.
About the position:
As an Engineering Manager at Interfolio, you will lead a growing team of software developers and ensure they are effectively executing their daily requirements. Additionally, you will personally design and engineer elegant and performant web code, predominantly in Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, as well as leading associated projects and libraries. As an Engineer, you will work closely with other engineers in and out of your area of expertise and contribute to standards around integrations between front-end and back-end development. You will work with product teams to identify new opportunities to improve user experience and interface across products, then work with UX and UI Designers, Data Scientists, Engineers, and Solutions Experts with deep domain knowledge working to develop new capabilities and workflows to solve real-world client problems.
Work with other teams to define goals, communicate asks, and execute day to day responsibilities of the various team members.
- Manage a remote team of software engineers, ensuring they have what they need to successfully meet their sprint and career goals
- Hands-on technical mentorship of engineering teams, participating in architecture design, code review, pair programming, and implementation of proven software design patterns
- Continuous improvement of Interfolio's test-driven, accessible, scalable, performant, and serverless applications
- Continue progress toward a unified, serverless architecture
- Accelerate and optimize developer velocity by helping to implement best practices and clearing blockers
- Engage with Product Management, UX, and DevOps teams to deliver world-class experiences
- Research new technologies to solve problems and improve existing systems
- Participate in recruiting diverse top tier engineering talent
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Angular/Angular
- Experience with agile development within commercial projects or elite non-commercial research
- Experience with responsive web applications and single-page web applications
- Affinity for learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills — both written and verbal
- Experience with AWS is preferred
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a yearly wellness benefit stipend, a yearly professional development stipend, 401k, and professional development opportunities.
Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.