G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy, and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team! You will be responsible for helping develop solutions with a strong emphasis on front-end code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
* Build and help maintain a high quality, stable, and well tested web application
* Apply database skills against a large and rapidly growing dataset
* Create and improve full features in short development cycles, including effective frontend and backend code
* Work in close coordination with designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders
* Track metrics and measurements alongside core features to help make informed business decisions
* Ensure quality releases by writing tests covering unit, integration and functional requirements
* Contributes to the design of complex solutions across multiple systems
* Introduces code patterns for the team to follow and use new libraries, as needed
* 3+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment
* Experience working in high performing, agile environment
* Demonstrated learning in web software development skills
* Opinionated about how applications should be built, based on your experience getting things done
* Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team
* Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working under pressure
What Will Set You Apart:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
* Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.