### What is Mainvest?
Mainvest is an investment marketplace that connects local investors with emerging local businesses.
**For Investors**: Find small businesses in your community. Invest as little as $100 in the ones you believe in. If your investments are successful, get quarterly returns and share in the success of the small business economy.
**For Local Businesses** : Get access to local investors in your community. Raise between $1,000 and $1,070,000 to get your business off the ground. As your business grows, you return a portion of your gross revenue to the investors that helped you get started.
We believe helping local businesses get access to local capital is the best way to rebuild the small business economy after Covid-19, particularly in the brick and mortar industries that were most affected (Restaurants, Coffee shops, Hair Salons, etc. )
### Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a self-sufficent software engineer who can contribute to both the front end and the back end of a fairly complex web application.
The ideal candidate will have:
* An ability to work independently within a small, fast-paced team
* An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to help entrepreneurs on the Mainvest platform succeed
* A desire to take ownership of large parts of our codebase
* Experience with Vue or React
* Experience with Python and Django or similar web framework (e.g. Ruby/Rails)
* Ability to write clean, reliable code that can be easily maintained
* Ability to solve problems and identify areas of improvement
Our stack is python (Django) and postgres on the back end, Vue.js on the front end, and is hosted on Heroku.
* Growth Potential
* Competitive Salary
* Health Insurance
* $75 - $125K
* 0.1% - 1.5% equity
Mainvest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
$75,000 — $125,000