Who we are
Settle is a rapidly growing FinTech company on a mission to help small and medium businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer the power and flexibility to choose when and how to pay bills.
We have incredible product-market-fit and are scaling rapidly in every dimension:
Team: Grown from 7 to 30+ in last 9 months with 18 mostly senior engineers working remotely. Exec team has deep FinTech backgrounds from places like Affirm, Capital One, Ripple, and CircleUp.
Customers and Usage: Over $1 billion in annual financing. 10% MoM customer growth and 20% MoM revenue growth.
Funding: We’ve recently raised a Series-A from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, Caffeinated Capital, SciFi and more. We’ve raised over $35M in equity total with our valuation up 20x in less than a year.
Our US team is remote-first and supportive of you working where you want to. We’re looking for motivated fulltime engineers who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
Check out this Techcrunch Article and Kleiner blog post.
What you’ll do
Design and build data models, services, and APIs to power our webapp.
Utilize heuristics, automation, and machine learning to streamline customer-facing workflows, internal underwriting decisions, and fraud detection.
Scale and secure our systems to support an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and engineers.
Collaborate with the team to build robust testing and deployment frameworks.
Analyze, debug, and fix performance and correctness issues.
What we look for
* CS fundamentals plus real-world experience. 3+ years of industry experience preferred. We primarily use Ruby on Rails for the backend. You have prior RoR experience and/or fluency in other OOP language(s), ideally with an ORM framework like Django or Hibernate and a willingness to learn Ruby on Rails.
* Webapp architecture design. The design choices we make today will form the foundation of our tech for years to come. You have an end-to-end understanding of how everything fits together from infrastructure up through display and love designing reliable and extensible systems.
* Adaptability. We’re a startup and project needs can change quickly. You’re someone that loves to jump into a new problem, learn what’s needed, and solve it.
* Customer-centric mentality. You care about the user, strive to understand their needs, and build tools to solve their problems.
* Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers.
Salary and compensation
$120,000 — $180,000/year