## Promoboxx is the only retail marketing platform powered by brands
We enable national manufacturing brands to connect, manage, and market through their entire retail channel. We are proud to partner with leading brands -- including Chevrolet, GE Appliances, Seiko, and The North Face -- and with over 3 million retailer campaigns shared. Promoboxx is transforming the way retailers and brands market together at the local level. We are rapidly expanding and we are looking for the next great engineer to join our team!
### Job Description
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer who will participate in building, scaling and evolving our constantly growing product and infrastructure. You will work closely with our business partners to deliver new features, design new systems, and support the business as a part of the full software development lifecycle.
You will embrace our DevOps culture and work in our AWS cloud platform owning your code through multiple environments and ultimately out through production. Using an agile methodology, you will develop features alongside product, the frontend team, and the data team to ensure end-to-end performance for our users. As a teammate, you will work with peers to improve the team’s delivery and quality on a daily basis.
### What you’ll do:
* Develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
* Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
* Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
* Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
* Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
### Who you are:
* You are a professional software engineer with 3+ years of experience building distributed and scalable systems
* You are professionally experienced with one or more of these languages and environments: Ruby, Go, Java, Python, SQL
* You make sure that your pull requests include unit and functional testing
* You have a solid understanding of REST conventions
* You are comfortable working with performant SQL and Stored Procedures
* You know and care about continuous delivery and automated testing
* You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
* You enjoy working in Unix environments and operating systems principles: storage layout, concurrency, multiprocessing/multithreading, parallelism
* You understand standard network protocols DNS, HTTP/S, TCP/IP and the principles of virtual hosting
* You are comfortable owning the work for a feature or functionality with the support of other developers on your team.
* You are committed to code quality and will support your teammates with code reviews, brainstorming sessions, and support testing when necessary.
### Tools we use:
* Ruby / Rails
* Facebook Graph API
### Bonus Points For:
* Prior experience with tools and technologies we use
* Experience with machine and database sizing (CPU, RAM, Storage, Network, etc.)
* Experience with owning features and functionality within a larger team
* Experience with testing code, both your own and other people’s
* Prior experience with Microservice Architecture
* Prior experience with Monolithic Architecture
* Prior experience with converting a Monolithic Architecture to a Microservice Architecture
### What Promoboxx Can Offer You:
* Competitive salary, health benefits, stock options, and a 401K match program
* Unlimited PTO for vacation, as well as sick days when you need them most
* Employee rewards program and other professional development opportunities
* An open, collaborative work environment with an amazing team and experienced leadership to help you succeed and grow
* A remote team experience that has been delivering for over a year prior to covid that will continue to offer remote work for the indefinite future.
Promoboxx is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.