We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! You should apply if you have production experience with Ruby on Rails, have an interest in improving health outcomes for diverse patient populations, and if you value efficient, maintainable, tested code. We’re excited to meet candidates who approach work with empathy, respect, and humility. This position is remote friendly!
At Healthify we are fundamentally rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify. Our mission is building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations.
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to agility, cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are highly encouraged to get in touch.
About the Role
Software engineers will:
* Report to an Engineering Manager
* Design new systems and features
* Perform peer code reviews
* Work across the stack (Postgres-Ruby-React)
* Participate in iteration planning meetings, retros and interviews, and problem-solving sessions with the Product team
* Scale the number of users and records
* Mentor junior engineers
* 5+ years of professional experience
* Experienced with modern software development including pull requests, continuous integration/deployment, unit testing, and agile methodologies
* Experienced with web technologies (preferably Ruby on Rails and/or React.js)
* Must be based in the USA
...And the following would be nice:
* Experience working in healthcare or social impact-oriented organizations
* Experience with cloud technologies like AWS and containerization (Docker)
Together, we live into our Core Values
* We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and f inding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
* We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
* We rise above the status quo: We hold our work to a high standard. We learn and improve so that we can develop excellent products for the people and communities we serve
* We match grit with wit: We love a challenge and a chance to get creative and solve interesting problems
...and to further support them, we offer:
* Unlimited Vacation
* $500 one time equipment budget with refreshes
* $1000 annual continuous learning budget
* Pre-tax MetroCard options
* Zero cost gym reimbursement options
* Free memberships to ClassPass CitiBike
* 401k with 4% matching
* 100% covered Medical, Dental Vision insurance with access to an FSA
* Inclusive Parental leave
* Twice weekly team lunches
* A commitment to diversity inclusion
* Code of conduct with reporting procedures