About the Role:
We're building the next-generation infrastructure and security platform for CrowdStrike. The Managed Services Development (MSD) team builds the platform and tools for our analysts on the OverWatch team to process and hunt (identify potentially harmful activity) through hundreds of billions of events per day, and growing. MSD build and maintain the platform and tools for Falcon Complete analysts to run customer's security operations in our production cloud environment.
We are looking for an engineer who wants to help move the MSD platform forward as we scale even further. Someone with a broad range of computer skills throughout the software stack and clear communication skills would thrive in this environment. You should love working on large- scale, distributed, cloud-based, highly available systems that can efficiently operate over hundreds of billions events a day.
* Be comfortable with projects to build new components and extend the current system. You would need to gather requirements, plan, code, test, and deploy to completion.
* Help the OverWatch team become more effective in their analysis and hunting by improving the platform and tools.
* Help the Falcon Complete team become more effective and efficient in their mission to support customer's security operations large and small.
* Work closely with cloud architects to evolve our systems for future growth and platform development.
* Bring research projects into production environments and integrate them with the MSD systems.
* Work in a devops environment where you (and your team) are responsible for the systems you deploy.
* Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
* Have a desire for quality and understand what tools and processes you need to reach that level and help the team reach a higher bar.
* Be an adaptable and flexible engineer who is constantly learning and enjoys tackling complex and novel challenges.
* Work as part of a distributed team of remote workers across timezones.
* Use and give back to the open source community.
* Go (Golang)
* Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience).
* ·Experience with Golang or another language for developing web backends and pipelines (such as Python/Ruby/etc).
* Built web-services with data processing pipelines and the concepts required.
* Experience with relational and noSQL databases (Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch a plus).
* Understanding of messaging or queueing software, Kafka experience highly desirable.
* Linux skills and experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
* Understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, particularly in Cloud environments such as AWS.
* The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
* A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
Bonus points awarded for...
* Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
* Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
* Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
* Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields.