Are you the kind of person who likes working on a variety of challenging projects? Would you enjoy helping a team work on automation improvements this month and then move to tuning our OCR process next month? Do you want to lead development of new strategic features? If so, being a HubTran Senior Software Engineer might be the thing for you. We are looking for one or more people to help us solve our most challenging issues.
At Hubtran, you will join a team that:
* Has experience. The majority of our developers have more than 10 years of professional experience. One has published a book with the Pragmatic Programmers.
* Has won the Chicago Innovation Award and Harvard Business School New Venture Contest.
* Is fully remote. We care about what you can accomplish, not where you choose to accomplish it from.
* Believes diversity is essential and strongly encourages applications from women and minority candidates.
* Can articulate their values. You can read about our values at on our blog.
* Pays well.
* Offers benefits including health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation, 401k, and more.
In order to succeed in this role you should be:
* Experienced. You have designed and implemented entire projects not just individual stories.
* Curious. You aren't content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
* Self-directed. You can work on your own while prioritizing tasks.
* Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
* Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the customers' needs.
* A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
* Be an outstanding developer. Your peers should recognize you as one of the best and the brightest developers they have worked with.
Bonus points for:
* Leading an engineering team or running a consulting company.
* Experience or strong interest in Machine Learning.
* Experience with functional languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml, or Elixir.
* Previous Logistics experience.
HubTran is a fast-growing technology startup focused on automating work in the logistics industry. Through a combination of a powerful browser based interface and machine learning, we are able to reduce our customer's workload by 4x or more. HubTran is well funded with significant upside potential.