We are looking for a full-stack Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! You should apply if you have an interest in improving health outcomes for diverse patient populations, and if you value efficient, maintainable, tested code. We’re excited to meet candidates who approach work with empathy, respect, and humility. We welcome remote hires!
At Healthify we're rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to promoting a thoughtful and safe work environment. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to get in touch!
About The Role
Software engineers will:
- Design new systems and features that will help improve outcomes for members by connecting them with community resources
- Work across the stack (Postgres->Ruby->React)
- Work with product owners and other engineers in product problem-solving sessions
- Participate in iteration planning meetings, retros and interviews
- Scale the number of users and records
- Perform peer code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experienced with pull requests, continuous integration/deployment, unit testing, and agile methodologies
- Experienced with web technologies (Ruby on Rails, Python, or similar) and frontend single-page applications (React.js, Angular, Ember)
- Must be based in the USA
...And the following would be nice:
- Experience working in healthcare or social impact-oriented organizations
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS and containerization (Docker)
- Experience with ETL pipelines and/or data visualizations
Together, we live our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions
- We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback.
- We rise above the status quo: We learn and improve so that we can develop excellent products for the people and communities we serve
- We match grit with wit: We love a challenge and a chance to get creative and solve interesting problems
...and to further support them, we offer:
- Medical insurance, with access to an FSA and/or HSA
- Dental & Vision
- $2500 annual continuous learning budget
- 401k with up to 4% match
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Code of conduct with reporting procedures
Healthify provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.