At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our platform efficiently and reliably moves people by engaging passengers, drivers, businesses, transportation operators, and regulators.
Curb is a fast-growing team headquartered in Long Island City NY, with offices in Northern Virginia, and London. We are passionate entrepreneurs and creative thinkers, with a strong bias for action and deep roots in transportation and technology.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our server development team. A successful candidate will be a hands-on developer with an established background in distributed systems, complex architectures, and data storage.
You will be responsible for architecting, developing, and operating a highly scalable distributed system that processes many millions of transactions. You should have strong technical abilities, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be comfortable working in an agile environment that regularly delivers quality releases and responds quickly to user needs. Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building cool solutions for customers.
If you have a passion for how web services should be built, take pride in shipping product often, and thrive in a goal driven environment, then we'd love to talk to you!
* 8+ years of software development experience.
* 5+ years of experience in Java development.
* 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails development.
* 2+ years of experience in Node.js
* Knowledge of database design, queries, and geospatial databases
* Experience with MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer.
* Strong OO design and coding skills.
* Fluent in data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures.
* Well versed in Microservices and API design
* History of mentoring less experienced candidates
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree.
* Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
* Understands Unit testing
* Has a sound understanding of scalability, reliability and performance considerations
* Developed API and service interfaces for developers/3rd parties/mobile application
* Fluency with *nix command line
* Experience with git
* Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems.
* Experience with NoSQL databases.
* Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum and Test Driven Development.Experience with Chef is a plus.
* Experience with AWS stack (ec2, api gateway, dynamodb, cloudwatch, etc)
* Experience with Serverless technologies (lambda, google functions, pubnub)
* Experience with Queuing systems (rabbitmq, sqs)