We are looking for an experienced, senior, Kubernetes Developer/Engineer, who is excited to work on one of our many client projects - both greenfield (new) projects as well as legacy (support) projects in that technology stack. This is a remote position.
* Implementing tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality
* Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
* A commitment to monitoring and observability
* Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
* Oversee the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
* Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule and partner in the execution of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration.
* Manage the packaging and deployment of our infrastructure product and our deployment/upgrade processes.
* Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used
* Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
* Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms
* Influence the use of industry leading development platforms and process
* Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience
* Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
* 5+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
* Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems in a cloud environment (Azure preferred)
* Experience with configuration management and CI platforms (Chef and Jenkins Preferred)
* Experience with Docker, and Kubernetes or Swarm preferred
* Code using PowerShell, Ruby or Python
* Experience with source control management tools (Git preferred)
* Experience in Windows Server administration
* Excellent communication enthusiasm
* Experience working on an Agile development team
* Experience reviewing code