We started Sedition with a mission to create a platform for digital art collecting. Since 2011 more than a thousand artists have published their work on Sedition. Including names like Tracey Emin, Bill Viola, Mat Collishaw, Yoko Ono, Universal Everything. More than 100,000 art lovers have joined the site to enjoy the works of their favourite artists.
We’re on a great start but this is only the beginning. The advent of NFTs in 2014 provided a tangible solution for digital ownership. For the first time collectors could own a digital asset without relying on a 3rd party. This new technology is the missing piece for our vision and we can’t wait to put it in place for our community. The opportunity ahead is staggering, but so is the amount of work. We’d like your help.
Working at Sedition
- We’re small and focused on getting things done. You’ll work alongside 4 senior engineers. We keep meetings to a minimum. We organise our work into 6 week cycles and focus on delivery.
- We’re a remote team with flexible working hours. Work whenever you’re the most productive. While we’re all currently based in timezones within 2 hours of the UK, we are open to expanding it further.
- Meaningful and impactful work. We’re established, but still small. Your contributions will be immediately visible. NFTs integration is a multi-phase effort where every team member is able to shape it.
- Healthy work-life balance. No overtime. 40 hours work week. Take a holiday whenever you need one.
- Competitive base salary. Crypto bonuses after we step into the NFT market.
Our hiring process
- No live coding. It’s stressful and we hate it. We’re more interested in what you have done in the past and your cultural fit.
- We stick to 3 interviews. Introductory, assessment and proposal. You will also meet the whole team during the interviews.
- Fast decision making. We aim to finalise the proposal within one week of initial interview.
What will you do
Develop, test and release solid code in Ruby
Work together with our engineers to develop API services
Involve with development of Blockchain integration
Help migrate the codebase to Rails 6
Revamp our automated payments system for artists
Perform QA tasks for every release along with the team
Plan iterations periodically and consult new product features
Ruby on Rails design patterns and best practices
Have worked with Ruby on Rails extensively in the last few years
Experience with REST, MySQL, AWS, CI
Rails application security, scalability and performance
Good communication skills
Bonus: Knowledge of other technologies we use: React, React Native, Blockchain / Solidity
Be sure to mention the word REDEMPTION when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they’re human.
Salary and compensation
$90,000 — $120,000/year