Koombea is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our development team in Colombia or as a remote worker. Your main goal is to build the application models, code the logic behind the user facing components and database of a Web application, focusing on the performance, usability, accessibility and adaptability of the application.
* Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
* Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
* Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
* Implementation of security and data protection.
* Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
* Develop a scalable and maintainable Web component architecture.
* Ensure the optimized performance of the Web application.
* Implement the latest best practices and conventions.
* As part of an agile development team, participate in the sprint planning meetings, daily stand ups and follow the agile development process.
* Review, refactor and maintain codebases.
* Deploy web applications to staging and production environments.
* Ensure the quality of the delivered Web application and its code.
* Advanced English Level.
* Basic experience building semantic and accessible HTML, CSS .
* Proficient knowledge of Ruby on Rails any other back-end programming language or frameworks like node.js and Laravel are a plus.
* Experience working with Scrum Teams .
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
* Experience using testing frameworks
* Good understanding of linux command line.