We are looking for an experienced MERN stack developer. The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver with a desire to contribute to building user-friendly software in an exciting, fast-growing startup environment.
AKTEK (https://www.aktek.io) is a fast growing SaaS company helping public, private and NGO clients fuse information from internal and external sources on flexible and secure information management systems that facilitate decision-making in fragile contexts. Its flagship solution FUSION can be configured "no-code" by clients themselves. Today, the software helps government agencies fight terrorism, tackle violent extremism, track piracy, monitor ceasefire agreements and protect critical national infrastructure in countries like Somalia, Libya, Kenya, Ukraine, Colombia and more on behalf of various governments (UK, US, Netherlands, EU), international organizations (UN, IOM, African Union), NGOs (Red Cross) and Fortune 500 companies in the energy, agribusiness, utilities and infrastructure sectors. AKTEK is a UK based company with a globally distributed team spread between Colombia, Chile, France, Spain, Georgia and more.
You will be working closely with the CTO (based in Barcelona) and the rest of the development team following agile methodologies. This will involve directly developing FUSION, AKTEK's flagship software product, built on MERN stack using MongoDB, Docker and other technologies.
1. Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
2. More than 4 years of experience as Full stack developer on the MERN Stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS).
3. More than 2 years of experience of administrating Linux (Ubuntu) servers.
4. Solid understand of basic Git principles.
5. Solid understanding of SQL and No-SQL Databases (MongoDB).
6. Comfortable working with back-end API and data integration such as GIS (ArcGIS), Salesforce, Google API, etc.
7. Basic knowledge of Python and Ruby on Rails.
8. Strong command of English language, ability to work with remote teams.
9. Autonomous and interested in self-growth.
10. Willingness to travel periodically for short-term assignments on client sites around the world.
- 🇪🇺 EU-only