Location: Guadalajara, MX working remotely for the Envato Product: Twenty20 in LA.
Twenty20 is bringing stock photography into the modern, mobile age. Our global community of over 250,000 creative mobile photographers have contributed over 45 million photos for sale, making us the largest crowdsourced commercial image catalog in the world. We sell those images to companies like Google, Uber, Thought Catalog, and other leading brands/startups/agencies who are looking for a more authentic alternative to traditional stock imagery.
We are a small, autonomous, 7-person team based in Los Angeles, Marina del Rey working as part of the larger Envato family.
At Twenty20, we're working hard to build a marketplace that connects amateur and professional photographers to brands and agencies that want to buy photos of real people, having real emotions, doing real things. We have tons of massive challenges in engineering and product over both a short timeline as well as over a longer time horizon. We work with massive amounts of unstructured data, and we’re constantly learning and building new ways to help our customers tell their stories with images from our photographer community.
You'll be working on an app used by hundreds of thousands of photographers to participate in our social marketplace of authentic content. You will be part of the team that helps photographers make a living doing the things they love. There’s a little bit of everything to play with, social interactions, commercial interactions, gamification, and machine learning. You won’t be bored.
What you’ll be doing
On a day to day basis you will:
* Write clean, well thought out and reliable code
* Participate as a member of a small cross functional team containing members with different skills and experience
* You'll work on big projects, small maintenance tasks, and anything else that makes software our customers love
* Take lots of responsibility for your work as most teams don't have analysts, testers or system administrators
* Take part in our 24/7 on-call rotation supporting one of the biggest websites in the world
Required skills and experience.
* Be a nice person who cares about their work
* Communicate well in person and in writing
* Be a curious person committed to continual learning
* Be capable of writing clean, well thought out, and reliable code
* Be comfortable working on a project from the original fuzzy brief through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight required
* Have commercial Objective-C and Swift experience
* Have some experience with Ruby (or other backend framework) so you can understand our APIs
* Have experience with App Store Connect
* Experience measuring how features perform (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.)
* Have solid TDD/BDD experience
* Have experience of other high volume/scale mobile apps
* Past experience in other agile environments
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
* A mix of Objective-C and Swift (new code is written in Swift and old Objective-C is migrated when it makes sense)
* Apps talk to APIs written in Ruby, Rails, and Sinatra
* Persistent data storage is done with MySQL, PostgreSQL and Redshift.
What We've Got
A Great Team and Culture
* Developers are responsible for features from inception through to them being in the hands of customers. The devs talk directly to our community and customers about what they're working on
* We do continuous delivery properly: any team member can deploy, and we regularly do several deploys a day
* We publish portions of our code as open source, and contribute back to open source projects we use
* A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
* Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
* We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
* Future career progression will be available across the entire business - we're big on internal opportunities and professional growth!
* Competitive salary and team member benefits
What we offer
* Private Medical Insurance
* Saving funds
* Full Law Benefits
* 10 days of paid holidays
* Global Profit sharing (subject to board approval)
* Pay for roundtrip tickets to anywhere in Mexico 2x a year
* Inflation adjustment of salary
* Paid for educational courses
* Unlimited ebooks / books
* Top line equipment