New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: a methodology to consistently apply DevSecOps strategies, leading organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. . We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information Application Security.
As a New Context Engineer, you will provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. Our clients look to us to guide them to a solution that makes sense for them, and you should expect to provide thought leadership, design, and implement that solution.
Expect to heavily use Open Source software to take on challenges like delivery of highly secured containers, management of IoT devices or building Big Data ecosystems at petabyte scale and beyond. You will utilize our core methodologies - Agile, Lean, TDD and Pair Programming - to implement robust and reliable systems for our clients.
We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you may not know the answer immediately, you'll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won't just be a name on an email. At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality Passion! Our employees live these values every single day.
Who you are:
* Developer with 4+ years work experience in a Software Development, application development or DevOps role;
* Fluent in Go;
* Experienced in API design/development, testing, and authentication/authorization strategies for applications.
* A believer in automated tests and their role in software engineering;
* Familiar with Open Source web technologies, especially Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, and/or the HashiCorp suite;
* An excellent communicator, able to deliver project status and explain technical elements to non-technical audiences;
* Able to think on your feet and learn quickly on-the-job in order to meet the expectations of our clients;
* A great teammate and a creative and independent thinker.
Bonus points if you are:
* Experienced with GCP administration;
* Happy and effective in a consulting role;
* Experienced working with external clients and customers
* Able to translate complex concepts to business customers
Technology we use: We tailor solutions to our customers. You might work on projects using any of the following technologies:
* Automation: HashiCorp Product Suite (Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul, Vagrant), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Automated Testing
* Containerization Ecosystem: Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere, Rancher, CoreOS
* Cloud Virtualization: AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
* Tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Git,
* Monitoring: SysDig, DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Sentry, Nagios, Prometheus
* Databases/Datastores: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
* Security: Compliance Automation, Application Security, Firewalls, OSSEC, AuthN and AuthZ
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.