Shuttlerock is seeking a creative and forward-thinking Senior Frontend Developer. You will be joining a global company of wonderful, talented and ambitious people. Our HQ is based in Nelson on the stunning South Island of New Zealand, but we are a flexible bunch and open to you working remotely **within +/- 5h of the New Zealand timezone** (roughly between Japan and the west coast of the United States). You will be joining a growing interdisciplinary squad in a positive and agile organisation that is experiencing rapid growth.
We are looking for creative individuals that thrive in a constantly changing, uncertain environment. If you are a self-starter that needs limited oversight, a keen drive to mentor and share with other developers, designers and functions - you would be our perfect fit.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with SaaS solutions and the latest and greatest frontend technologies, but also understand how the browser works and have a tendency for elegance and simplicity. Ideally you also have a keen interest or eye for screen and motion design.
You will have the chance to work in the most beautiful and friendly part of the world while working with the big names in innovation and technology as Shuttlerock is officially partnered with Facebook, Instagram, Google, Youtube, TikTok, Pinterest and Hulu - just to name a few.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience in large-scale or high quality web application development using state of the art technologies such as Apollo GraphQL.
- Ability to communicate and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master’s degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- A keen eye and an appreciation and interest for art design
- Experience with Ruby or an interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technology as needed.
- Use state-of-the-art technology such as Apollo GraphQL daily.
- Work with an agile cross-functional team to deliver high quality software and features of any size at pace and at scale.
- Collaborate with Designers and other Software Developers of all experience levels on a daily basis.
- Work with your peers and technology management on improving and shepherding the Shuttlerock technology-base.
- Collaborate with the team to make sure the Developer Experience (DX) is second to none.
- Mentor junior developers on their journey and be a buddy for new hires
- Write technical documentation and do lightning talks on new technologies
- Help to maintain a positive, collaborative and friendly, yet honest and productive working environment and attitude.
Keep an open and healthy mind.
$70,000 — $100,000
Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, US Westcoast