Hi! We're The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company comprised of Dockwa, Marinas.com and Campouts.com. Put simply, we believe the world would be a better place if people were able to spend more time outdoors connected to nature and each other. We build technology to make those experiences more accessible, affordable and enjoyable for all backgrounds.
At The Wanderlust Group, you'll be an integral part of a small team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
Our business operations team works on our data pipeline built on our core application infrastructure. The pipeline gathers information from many of our production platforms and powers internal tooling across our company to directly move company metrics. We are looking for someone to lead the engineering efforts on this team and own the decisions around tooling and architecture. This person will work closely with a VP focused on business requirements, a junior engineer with team tenure, and potential hires as the team grows. Upcoming projects include packaging and surfacing marina data to score leads and segment contacts for targeted messaging, gathering data and building models for dynamic pricing, and building a self-service sign up tool with the Recurly API.
- Work on the engineering team on our core application infrastructure
- Work closely with our talented VP of biz ops to solve our internal business operation needs
- Mentor other developers and members of our biz ops team
- Form opinions and make architectural decisions about the flow of data and realize these plans!
- Help marketing, sales, success, and support get the information they need to be more efficient and effective
- Explore our data to help drive OKRs and even new lines of business
Successful candidates will typically have at least four years of software experience and be well versed in many of these areas:
- Ability to write production code to integrate with external APIs, such as Hubspot and Salesforce for internal stakeholders
- Use relational database schema best practices and ability to normalize data from many sources
- Experience with production system monitoring and observability
- Familiar with software engineering methodologies and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including linters, code reviews, test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Ruby or Heroku is not required, but a plus
Potential projects: Envision and build a streamlined data pipeline from several internal sources of data to power our business decisions.
As the lead engineer of this internal-facing team, there is a lot of growth potential and flexibility. Tight integration into the core product team enables knowledge sharing and support, while growth paths include engineering management or business intelligence and data science technical leadership.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a small group of engineers to have great impact. The best practices we set in motion now will be massively important as we scale our systems to meet the impressive growth we see today. If you meet all the qualifications, please apply! But we care most about developers that have a track record of caring deeply about shipping software that helps people, so if you hit some of them, we want to hear from you.
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas and campers to campgrounds. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, the entire company practices offline Mondays. Spend your Mondays hiking, thinking, reading, sailing. It doesn't matter as long as you're not emailing or in meetings. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, this position is open to remote candidates.