Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Infrastructure is our internal team whose focus is designing, deploying, and operating the foundational systems and platform primitives on which Spreedly services run. Building a high performance payments platform requires engineers with expertise in distributed systems architecture, infrastructure as a service, and information security best practices. We are working with and storing credit card data, so thinking about security is a way of life at Spreedly, as is building sustainable processes to keep things safe(and our auditors happy)!
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is interested in building and scaling complex infrastructure as well as finding innovative solutions for interesting systems problems. We are working to de-monolith and containerize our cloud based services so your ideas and skills will directly impact the design of our next generation platform. We regularly work with internal engineering and product teams as well as external vendors in pursuit of improving our developer experience and satisfying our customer needs. We hope to find someone that brings a broad set of technical skills, a development and automation focused mindset, and a diverse view to our team as we expand our infrastructure in support of our goals.
* Experience building, operating, and scaling systems on AWS.
* Experience with DevOps and/or GitOps and an understanding of CI/CD methods.
* Familiarity with infrastructure as code(we use Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Nomad, etc).
* A solid understanding of Amazon Linux and Ubuntu distributions and their ecosystems.
* The ability to deliver solutions in support of applications written in Ruby on Rails and Elixir.
* A desire to instrument everything using platforms like Datadog, Sentry, and Sumo Logic.
* Experience with containers and container orchestration(Kubernetes, Docker, etc).
* Some programming proficiency in Python or Go. You might even be a software engineer with a focus or passion for infrastructure!
* A desire to mentor other engineers and foster a collaborative environment to improve our software development processes.
* A willingness to be a generalist and dig into new things you've never done before.
* Excellent written communications, and a track record of documenting your work.
* A pragmatic, take-action approach but you’re open to failing fast and pivoting.
* An ability to sort out immediate priorities from the ever shifting needs of a rapidly growing organization.
**What we offer**
* Competitive salary
* Outstanding medical and dental benefits(we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
* Life and long-term disability insurance
* Medical and dependent care FSA
* Optional vision insurance
* Open PTO policy
* 12 weeks paid Family Leave
* Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
* Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150)
* Professional development opportunities including annual stipend and access to LinkedIn Learning
When travel and in-office work commences
* Remote friendly work environment. Even our local employees are remote 3 days per week!
* Tues./Thurs. are in-office days for local employees - the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose
* Paid lunches on in-office days for local employees
* Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
We are open to remote candidates, with the caveat that you must be located in the **contiguous US (except NY, WA, and CA where we are not able to hire)** and be able to travel to our Durham office once a quarter (once travel is safe again). With ~30% of our engineers already remote, we are experienced supporting remote employees. If you are remote we'd like for you to have had prior experience working in a remote setting. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We're constantly striving to have the fairest and most productive hiring process possible. We want to ensure that every candidate is treated equally and our interactions are designed with that goal in mind. If you want to get a sense for what your application process will look like, we'd encourage you to read the following: Stop Hazing Your Potential Hires and Programming Puzzles Are Not the Answer.
If this at all sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you!
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.
$130,000 — $160,000