Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
The Senior Backend Engineer candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience with Ruby on Rails, RESTful Rails APIs, GraphQL and SQL. The candidate should also have experience with AWS DevOps.
The candidate will be responsible for creating performant API endpoints per specifications provided by their Lead Engineer and Product Manager. They will also be responsible for suggesting and implementing improvements to the Rails codebase.
You’ll report to the Director of Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve the Rails backend
- Creation of highly performant Rails API endpoints using GraphQL
- Refactoring of needed Rails controllers and models
- Providing insight into ways to simplify the backend architecture
- Developing their personal growth through online training and internal mentorship
- Continuously looking for ways to improve the current codebase and bring innovative ideas to the table
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- 3+ years experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with other backend languages such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Experience with AWS DevOps
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Would Also Like to See
- Development experience with AWS CodePipeline, Ansible, Docker
- Experience with mobile or frontend frameworks
- Experience working closely with front end teams
- Experience connecting to CDPs
- Experience with headless architecture
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of nearly 500,000 business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
www.helloalice.com // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram // LinkedIn