At Framework, we believe the time has come for consumer electronics products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to empower you with great products you can easily customize, upgrade, and repair, increasing longevity and reducing e-waste in the process.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we’re also standing up a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus and e-commerce companies, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We are looking for a senior backend developer to implement the MVP of our marketplace with Ruby on Rails and Solidus. This position will report to our Head of Marketplace and will work closely with our development partner based in Europe for the design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance of all marketplace features.
We’re headquartered in Burlingame, CA, and are open to local, relocated, or remote candidates.
What we offer
• Competitive salary, equity and health benefits.
• Flexible work hours.
• Be an early member of Framework’s team and get to shape the technological direction of our marketplace.
• Contribute to open source software as part of your day-to-day work.
• Work with a world class team of hardware and software engineers.
• Work at a startup that is making a positive social impact.