We are able to transfer current working visas
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future
Your future team:
We are looking for a Senior Back-end Developer to join the team building a ground-breaking cybersecurity gamified learning platform. We have three product teams who are each focused on one part of our product and are building our fourth. There are six people in each team - a Lead, a Front-end Developer, a Back-end Developer, a QA, and a Product Manager.
Our teams work in a Scrumban way with 2-week sprints, retros and also enjoy their 10% time working on interesting ideas and projects.
We strongly encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Your main responsibilities:
You will be working with Paul Thomas - Engineering Manager. You'll get to immerse yourself in ruby, ruby on rails, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS. We want to give you a place where you'll learn from us and we'll learn from you through getting involved in the following:
* Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
* Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs in back-end code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
* Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
* Be actively involved in daily scrums, 2-week sprints and retros working closely with product and discipline teams
We would love it if you have some experience from the list below:
* Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RESTful APIs, object-oriented design and AWS
* Demonstrable, and up to date knowledge of the Ruby language, Rspec, RoR, MySQL and object-oriented programming principles
* Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system and create database schemas that represent and support business processes
* Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
* Proficient understanding of Git and familiarity with CI setups
What Immersive Labs can offer you:
* We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
* 10% time to focus on things you want to learn about develop
* Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fun
* Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times
* We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
* Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/
Level up cyber workforces around the world, apply now.yagJzhkdapAsCMnUw7CpJAMi