LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: DevOps Security Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP, DevSecOps
As an integral part of the operations team, the DevOps Security Engineer is passionate about security and wants to have a meaningful impact within the Healthcare space. This individual will be part of a team charged with making sure TigerConnect is secure and stays at the top level of security and reliability in the industry. Join us and help manage/secure our AWS hosted infrastructure. Responsibilities will include hands-on security management, monitoring, discovery, and remediation of all security related issues while working cross functionally with other departments on company-wide initiatives and compliance.
The DevOps Security Engineer will have at least 5+ years of commercial experience as a Security Engineer (including at least 3 years of current commercial experience as a DevOps Engineer) with specific focus on public cloud infrastructure, multi-tenant enterprise software security, compliance programs (HIPAA/HiTrust/FedRamp), and supporting production 24x7 highly available infrastructure with a DevOps mindset.
The ideal candidate's background will include a strong emphasis on information security, infrastructure as code/automation, public cloud infrastructure, compliance, secure software development, and other security best practices.
What You'll Own:
* Contribute to the design and integration of cyber security toolsets to enable more automated discovery, remediation, and alerting of system vulnerabilities.
* Architect and integrate security tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
* Architect, manage, and remediate findings from security tools, pen test reports, and compliance requirements.
* Manage and maintain compliance and certifications (existing and new).
* Help select and manage relationships with security vendors and partners.
* Analyze and respond to production security notifications in a timely manner.
* Foster DevSecOps culture and advocate for a security-first mindset amongst Security, QA, Development, and DevOps teams.
* Deploying web and service-based applications in multiple instances of our PaaS.
* Continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve security and the products.
* Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
* Work cross functionally with all departments to assist with security related issues as it relates to engineering, client care, and sales teams.
* Willingness to take ownership, troubleshoot hands-on, and be on-call for security issues in a 24/7 environment.
What You've Accomplished:
* Experience in monitoring and responding to security events
* Proven track record of creating secure cloud architectures for mission critical Internet-facing applications.
* Expertise implementing and maintaining compliance (HIPAA, HI-TRUST, FEDRAMP)
* Experience with build-time dependency management, unit testing and code-coverage tools, test automation techniques and tools.
* Experience and understanding of microservices architecture, design patterns, and secure software development methodologies.
* Experience building and managing infrastructure-as-code including automation/scripting tools and languages.
* Experience in DevOps culture and the ability to teach and profess is highly desired.
* Ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at both the executive and working level.
What You Bring to the Table:
* Background in monitoring and securing cloud environments
* Linux and configuration management tools (Chef and Terraform)
* Strong public cloud experience (AWS)
* Security certifications are a plus (CCSP, CISSP, AWS Security)
* Security policy development, implementation and enforcement.
* Integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline
* SSL certificate and key management policies
* Scripting in either Python, Ruby, or Bash.