Currencycloud is a FinTech startup bringing transparency, simplicity and scale to cross-border payments - a $120 trillion market.
Our industry-leading payments API has processed over 50 billion dollars worth of transactions for hundreds of clients and over five million end-users.
We have offices in London, NYC, Cardiff, and Amsterdam and to date have raised over $80 million from prominent investors, including GV (Google Ventures).
Location: US, remote
**About the role:**
We are currently experiencing breakout growth and need your help to scale our platform to support increased demand. To meet this demand we are creating the first fully remote scrum team based in the US.
You’ll be joining our FX Trading and Treasury team, and will play a key role in ensuring delivery of well-tested, scalable solutions for a wide range of problems.
As part of the team, this person will work closely with Product, Infrastructure and the Client Support teams to maintain and develop our FX and Treasury APIs. We are an agile team always looking for ways to improve and your experience and curiosity will help us do that.
* Collaborate with other team members.
* Use best practices and deliver well factored, well-tested code.
* Ensure simplicity in implementation.
* Keep current with relevant technologies.
* Make informed recommendations on new implementations.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development workflow.
* Reduce the need for maintenance and daily chores.
* Be an enabler, not a blocker.
* Work within the team development process.
* Deliver within expected time frames.
* Ask for help when required.
**Experience Critical to Success:**
* Ruby development experience (4 years) using Rails/Sinatra
* Experience building both full Rails apps and API
* MySQL backed applications
* TDD, BDD - RSpec, Cucumber
* CI/CD Pipelines
* Gem development, gem ecosystem
* Agile/SCRUM development
**Experience on the following is highly preferable:**
* Experience in API-led platforms
* Experience with log management systems
* Experience with exception management systems
* Experience with APM systems like New Relic / Datadog
* 12 Factor Apps
* Experience with AWS SDK
* Previously worked with large SQL databases.
* An interest in infrastructure/DevOps with experience using provisioning tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes).
**Exposure to any of the following is a plus:**
* Experience building business tools.
* Experience building and running microservices architecture.
* Languages besides Ruby.
* Software Engineering background.
* Ability to lead projects/epics as required.
* Ability to understand the big picture of systems working together.
* Great attention to detail.
* Comfortable communicating with different teams and people with varied knowledge levels.
* Strong communicator, able to simply articulate complex technical concepts.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
* Passionate for new web technologies.
* Solid grasp of the web technology stack and its internals.
* Apply best practices and good standards to the code.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the business and product team members in order to extract requirements.
* Comfortable delivering applications in an agile, multi-team, fast paced, release-often environment.
* Ability to review peer work and provide feedback in a positive way.
* Ability to share knowledge and train people up.
* Ability to think in an abstract way knowing only part of the problem.
* Pair together with other team members to unblock tasks and share knowledge.
**Benefits and Perks:**
* Periodic visits to our NYC headquarters and off-site team events.
* Workspace budget for latest Mac Laptop with touchID and touch bar and other accessories.
* 20 days PTO plus a day for your birthday.
* Healthcare cover, covered by the company.
* Dental coverage.
* 401k plan plus matching up to 4%.
* Options package available after 1 year of service.
80,000 - 100,000