The Application Containerisation market is due to reach $8.5B by 2025 delivering a CAGR of 26.5%. This is being driven by many different organisations that are turning to container based infrastructure and microservices as a way of satisfying the ever complex role of Software Development.
We are a self-funded, London based startup which provides developers and DevOps teams with a range of cloud-native enablement tools and solutions. We facilitate the reduction of infrastructure costs, development time and provide better security, stability and monitoring. Our mission is to enable organisations to make cloud and software delivery simple and efficient, whilst having the insights into costs, security and cadence.
Appvia, founded in 2018, is a company of highly skilled engineers, who are building products to enable the deployment, maintaining and scaling of Kubernetes in any environment to solve this challenge. Since then we have been welcomed to the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and for our work with customers like the Bank Of England and Home Office delivering both on-premise and via Azure, Amazon and Google. We enable companies to easily harness cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes to take the pain out of infrastructure management and rapidly deliver digital products. Alongside this you will find the team contributing massively to things like KOP's.
You will get an opportunity to help shape how businesses deliver applications and improve the developer experience with well thought through products and engineering.
You will research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve Appvia’s product offerings, working with a talented cross-functional agile team.
You will be passionate about your industry and get an opportunity to make a real difference to the business you are part of.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
* Collaborate with colleagues and users on a regular basis to build out assumptions with prototypes
* Build features whilst maintaining backwards compatibility
* Express improvements and ideas to further develop products
* Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to drive out user requirements
* Lead on an idea, design and deliver working prototypes
* A strong understanding of the full software development lifecycle
* Passionate about driving the best product outcomes for all users
* Ability to challenge and understand real user requirements and map them to tangible technical objectives
* Pragmatic and methodical approach in solving difficult technical problems
* Understanding of scalable and distributed microservice concerns
* Ability to architect and maintain backward compatible APIs
* A passion for new technology and automation
* Practical understanding of distributed systems
* Good understanding of industry best practices
* At least 5 years designing and developing backend systems ideally in Golang
* Experience of working on and contributing to Open Source Software projects
* Previous exposure to modern front-end frameworks
* Experienced in BDD and test automation
* Experience developing on and with the Kubernetes API
* Previous Ruby/Python experience would be beneficial
* Exposure to Cloud and Developer PaaS products
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills