Viget is a digital agency/software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. Founded in 1999, we have a solid reputation as a firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our PHP/CMS Developer will work independently or alongside industry-leading Front-End Developers to create rich and engaging content-driven products. As a PHP/CMS Developer, you are responsible for the configuration, architecture, custom development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all PHP-based CMS sites developed by the Front-End Development team. You will frequently work with a Front-End Developer who is responsible for the visual and interactive layer of the site. PHP proficiency is a must and candidates should have experience working with third-party PHP-based CMS platforms and utilize modern PHP best practices, like dependency management with Composer. For the right person, we are open to US-based remote candidates. When we consider remote candidates, we're looking for mid- to senior-level developers who have experience with remote collaboration.
Our teams collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety, from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS to emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
To get a feel for how we think and what we're learning about, read our
, check out
, or jump straight to our
projects on Github
- Find joy in architecting CMS-driven sites from third-party platforms to unique, custom-developed solutions and getting under-the-hood to understand how these platforms work.
- Have knowledge of Craft, Wordpress, or other CMS platforms.
- Are comfortable extending WordPress, Craft, or other systems with custom development.
- Can work with our DevOps Director to handle server configuration, deployments, and setting up local development environments on Docker.
- Are experts in PHP and may have knowledge of other back-end languages, like Ruby on Rails.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily standups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent work.
- Speak and write well. Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
Viget is an award-winning, full-service digital agency on a mission to build a better digital world. Our team of ambitious, creative, hard-working people are committed to collaborating on challenging, innovative, and meaningful work for inspiring clients like ESPN, AdCouncil, and the World Wildlife Fund. We’re a rare software shop known for prioritizing clean code as much as good design. If you join, you can expect project variety, professional growth, influence on our future (and yours), and teammates who care. More than half our team has been here for 5 years or more — well more than the industry average — which we think is a pretty good success metric. In addition to our collaborative culture, we offer employees competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using the form below. Our recruiter, Erica, will respond as soon as possible.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. If you're applying as a US-based remote employee, please apply to our Falls Church office and make a note in your introduction that you're applying to work remote.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.