Code.org is based in Seattle, but several team members are remote; remote candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply. Candidates able to work Pacific Time Zone hours preferred.
Are you passionate about computer science and education? Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing participation in computer science by making it available in more schools and increasing participation by young women and underrepresented students. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science. We believe computer science should be part of the core curriculum, alongside other courses such as mathematics, biology, chemistry, or algebra!
As a software engineering Manager at Code.org, you’ll be responsible for leading a diverse and agile software engineering team of 5-10 engineers and supporting a learning and coding platform for students, teachers, and our partner community. Reporting to Code.org’s Chief Technology Officer, you will work with your team, product managers, curriculum writers, and leadership to execute on technical strategies, build accessible and engaging experiences, create sustainable software, balance feature delivery and timelines, and deliver excellent live site availability for our millions of students and teachers around the world.
You will manage, mentor, and support the growth of engineers on your team and be responsible for creating an inclusive, welcoming, and productive team culture and work environment.
As our ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Passion for our mission of growing access to computer science education
• Relevant professional software engineering experience to provide technical mentoring, design, and architectural guidance to team members
Practiced people manager having led teams of software engineers
Demonstrated experience hiring, building, and developing diverse teams of software engineers
Proven ability to guide the planning and execution of software projects, balance trade-offs, and deliver on schedule
Experience supporting a production high-scale web-based software product or service
In addition, candidates:
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Must pass a pre-employment background check
Your application should include a resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience demonstrate the qualifications of the position.
The position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Monthly unlimited ORCA pass or equal value transit subsidy; located near public transit hub in Seattle, WA
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.