BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Lead Software Engineer, Scala for our Storefront Team. This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on improving the performance, reliability, and features of our Storefront Platform. We use technologies like Scala, Node.js, Ruby, gRPC, Linkerd, Docker and Nomad to build one of the fastest and most reliable ecommerce platforms in the world.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do:
* Build highly-available, high-performance, redundant, and scalable distributed systems in a polyglot environment
* Write code that is high-performance, maintainable, clear, and concise
* Work closely with operations and infrastructure to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
* Build new features with a focus on testability, extensibility, and maintainability
Who You Are
* 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
* Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of Scala in a high traffic production environment, including performance monitoring and tuning
* Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack
* Collaborate with stakeholders, pod leaders and other teams to promote communication and collaboration.
* Participate in code reviews and coach the team to enforce best practices.
* Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable and concise
* Help design/architect/execute on building new microservices
* Professional experience with PHP, Ruby, NodeJS a strong plus
* Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming techniques
* Experience monitoring and operating microservices
* Knowledge of highly scalable architectures
* Strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, and design patterns
* Familiarity with agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
* Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
* Recruiter Phone Screen
* Hiring Manager Screening
* Online Code Assessment
* On-site Interview
Note: Candidates only located in the following states can be considered for REMOTE WORK; Alabama, Arizona, California, California -LA County, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Texas, Utah and Washington
Diversity Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings