Convene Engineering is building a technology platform to help humanize the built world, and we need an outstanding Full-Stack Software Engineer working with NodeJS/Express and microservice architectures to join our engineering team. We are creating some of the most beautiful real-world meetings and flexible workplaces to inspire and foster collaboration and engagement. Our engineering projects connect Convene customers with Convene's physical world.
Convene's engineering team strives to deliver solutions that match the high standard of our physical spaces. This role focuses on the full-stack development of Convene products.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, The Lead Software Engineer works closely with the members of the Convene Product and Engineering team. A successful candidate possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills, is comfortable recommending solutions and technological improvements, is genuine, works with the highest of integrity, and relentlessly pursues success.
* Lead the technical creation and evolution of the Convene's impactful customer-facing products.
* Ensure that the overall application and platform architectures are robust and easy to maintain.
* Collaborate with the companies technology leadership on technology roadmap and overall architecture.
* Be a hands-on leader who manages, mentors, and coaches your technical team members to success.
* Demonstrated success on an engineering team in a high-growth, highly volatile PE or VC-backed company delivering to large, sophisticated enterprise customers.
* Seven plus years of full-stack development using popular languages and frameworks such as NodeJS, Java, Ruby, and React.
* Experienced in managing cross-functional engineering teams, including mobile and front-end.
* Minimum of two years of direct NodeJS development, methodologies, and configuration.
* Daily responsibility with building out a microservice architecture using NodeJS and cloud services like AWS, Azure
* Experience conducting code reviews and mentoring team members in an Agile process.
* You are engineering obsessed and devoted to getting it right and getting it done.
* You are in love with change and enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
* You are comfortable with ambiguity and can carve out a path to a solution, using your skill and intuition to make quick and confident decisions in this high-growth context.
* You are a person who always finds ways to help others on the team to learn, develop, and continually improve.
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
* 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work®.
* 2018 Fortune Best Small Medium Workplaces U.S.
* #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine.
* #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
* Supportive work environment and leaders who are focused on your professional growth.
* Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
* Flexible PTO and family leave.
* 401k match.
* Excellent health coverage for team members and their families.
* Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies.
* Healthy snacks.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.