1848 Ventures opportunities can be 100% remote or onsite in our office in Westfield Center, OH. Relocation assistance is available.
Do you dream in code and love to launch? We’re looking for a seasoned Lead Developer to help grow our machine learning product for the restaurant industry in collaboration with our world-class product team. We’re off to a great start, but have so much more we want to do so we’re building a dedicated team to take the product to the next level. We’re looking for someone that gets excited when they can build up those around them, someone that loves to work iteratively with a design team, someone that takes pride in their craft. This is a chance to work with some cutting edge technology to deliver an application that will actually make an impact in the marketplace.
Day to Day:
* Taking primary responsibility for optimizing an effective DevOps process.
* Organizing the DevOps team to produce consistent high quality deliverables that meet performance and availability targets.
* Evaluating and implementing full-stack DevOps technologies to facilitate lean, agile product development, and continuous deployment.
* Developing and deploying software in a DevOps environment.
* Evaluating potential product solutions taking into account implementation time, restrictions, flexibility, and scalability.
* Providing technical expertise to the product lead to help drive and shape the product roadmap.
* Taking primary responsibility for realizing consistent product progress through each sprint.
* Acting as key stakeholder in maintaining and expanding the application architecture.
* Refining the product backlog and user stories to ensure that development may proceed efficiently.
* Communicating technical details to stakeholders across the board, including executional team, advisory groups, end users, and vendor partners.
* Provide high level estimates to product lead to facilitate juggling the triangle of scope, budget, and time.
* Managing the DevOps team in a lean, agile environment, including process management, hiring, and resource allocation.
* Previous experience leading an agile product development team in a lean environment.
* Strong background in full-stack B2B SaaS application architecture.
* Material experience in a DevOps environment.
* Experience scaling cloud-based applications.
* Experience working iteratively with a design team.
* Understanding of the following technologies:
* Ruby on Rails
* AWS (Lambda, S3, ElasticBeanstalk, EC2)
* Subject matter expertise in the restaurant technology industry with working knowledge of how to develop solutions for this market.
* Track record of successful developer interviewing and hiring.
* Interfacing with ML Operations.