[Simpleweb](https://simpleweb.co.uk/) has an opportunity for an experienced badass lead back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs – working with businesses that put people before profit.
**We’re looking for an individual who:**
* Is confident in communicating with clients in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
* Has excellent engineering and problem solving skills
* Has an exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
* Has a great understanding of databases
* Is exceptional in at least one of the following: PHP, Python or Ruby
* Has a good understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
* The desire to learn new languages and skills
* A proven development experience
* Has the ability to demonstrate passion and initiative
Additional experience, areas of expertise or even a keen interest of the following would be massively beneficial to your application.
* ML/Neural nets
* React and React Native
We build and invest in brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose that change peoples lives for the better. For you this will mean working with talented and passionate people; influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
You can see some of our investments and projects on the [Simpleweb Portfolio page](https://simpleweb.co.uk/portfolio/).
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We also love to organise regular hack-nights for the wider dev community and have been known to take our team off on exciting trips (both locally in Bristol and abroad)! COVID has curtailed these activities but we’ll be starting them again once it’s safe to do so.
Don’t take our word for it – last year we were awarded the accolade of [Employer of the Year](https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/business/bristol-company-been-named-best-2540235) by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and build the future with us.
**Benefits and Perks:**
* Fair salary reflecting experience
* Team socials
* Very competitive pension
* Your religious holidays respected
* Private medical insurance
* Shared parental leave pay policy
* Personal development / conference budget
* 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month ideally)