Position Title: Application Programmer/Imaging Tool III
Work Location: Fort Hood, TX
KaiHonua, LLC has an immediate opening for an Application Programmer/Imaging Tool III. This candidate will work cohesively with the System Analysis and Development team and support our government customer.
Responsibilities (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Designs and builds applications using a variety of programming languages, techniques, and tools
- Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements. Contributes to the design team’s efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization’s offerings
- Designs the application to support the organization’s strategies and goals relative to external communications
- Requires understanding of programming technologies
- Administer existing Asset and Service Management applications using standard development tools and in-house developed script
- Develop and administer Microsoft Reporting Services and Crystal Reports according to management requests using AC/SM databases
- Administer and develop custom Ruby on Rails based asset management web site
- Draft and maintain SOP documents for the functional category
- Develop applications to support the enterprise, including creation of the data models, databases, survey/add/update of reuse library, development of interfaces, application control logic, forms (screens), objects, reports, queries, and menus
- Plan tests, prepare test data, execute testing, identify, analyze, and repair errors and retest an application or module prior to implementation and placing into production
- Prepare, update, and distribute end-user and/or system operator’s manuals that contain the product design and procedures and other relevant information necessary to use and administer the system. Also prepare, update and distribute on-line help facilities, technical manuals, SOPs, and maintain automation documentation
- Provide advice on automating functions, integrating requirements with existing capabilities, communication requirements, control and administration of systems, types of information management systems, operating systems, equipment; infrastructure compatibility
- Thorough understanding of current Asset and Service Management software (e.g., Remedy ITSM and/or HP OpenView AssetCenter, HP Service Manager, and ConnectIt.)
- Familiar with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL (T-SQL) procedural language; Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio .Net, and object-oriented programming languages (current versions)
- Excellent customer service skills whether on the telephone or troubleshooting customer issues on-site; project a positive image and professional manner at all times; ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule
- Knowledge and experience communicating system analysis concepts to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation
- Experience using Visual Basic
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT-II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Five to seven years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related discipline is preferred, but not required
- Experience in performing coding, debugging, testing, configuration, and analysis to develop or modify application programs
- Must be a US citizen
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
KaiHonua, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, a matching retirement program, and competitive salaries that commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our company, please visit our website at .
Position may require a DoD security clearance.
KaiHonua, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.