Roadtrippers is looking for an iOS Developer to develop and maintain the Roadtrippers iOS app. As a part of our team, you will work with other developers as well as our business, content, and design teams to enhance the Roadtrippers mobile experience.
Join us to empower the world's travelers and travel companies!
* Design and develop new features for a native iOS app using Objective-C and Swift
* Troubleshoot software bugs and work to resolve them in a timely manner
* Communicate and work with members of the team to achieve business goals and ensure quality of work
* Provide insight and opinion about level of effort for new initiatives
* Two years professional experience developing for iOS
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
* The ability to work as a self-guided team member or project team leader
* Strong communication, organizational, and multitasking skills
* Comfortable using Objective-C, Auto Layout, Core Data, Git
* Experience with our stack (Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, AWS, Mapbox), geospatial data, and scaling highly available web services is a huge plus
Roadtrippers is the world's #1 road trip planning tool. Roadtrippers helps people discover the world around them in an entirely new way by streamlining discovery, planning, booking and navigation into an engaging and intuitive process. Since launching in 2012, Roadtrippers has helped its users plan more than 25 million trips covering more than 7.8 billion miles. Every year, more than 18 million people visit Roadtrippers to get the inspiration they need to hit the road.
Roadtrippers headquarters is located in the historic Over-the-Rhine district in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Lunches and snacks
Drinks, kegs, and snacks available in the office. Team lunches on Tuesdays.
This is a partnership of people that want to build something great. We trust you to pull your own weight and manage your own time.
Team led task management
Everyone on the team gets to decide what we work on to achieve our goals. We work in small, self-organized teams who determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership.
Path to the top
We operate on merit. If you consistently work hard and improve your own knowledge set, there is no position that isn't open to you.
We pride ourselves on offering a multitude of healthcare options for you and your family, including healthcare (PPO HDHP), dental, vision and more. We absorb the majority of the costs which means a much higher take-home pay for you.
Highly competitive salary
We are in the same range as everyone else in town, plus all the benefits.
The tools for your job
A computer and all of the software you need to be successful in your role.
Note: We do not work with external recruiters or placing agencies, so please don't contact us.