LOCATION: Remote within the US or Oakland, CA
Civiqs, the leading online scientific political opinion polling platform, is hiring an experienced and results driven QA Engineer. You will get to help shape the QA function at Civiqs as we expand our development team and build out more capacity for automated testing. Applicants must be self-motivated, efficient, and capable of delivering results with limited guidance.
Civiqs is an exciting workplace! Every day, Civiqs surveys thousands of people across the United States on politics, campaigns, and current affairs. The scale and quality of Civiqs' public opinion data, and its online survey panel, is unmatched in the survey industry. As QA Engineer, you will ensure that the automated survey research platform is operating smoothly and accurately, and that new features are delivered on time and to specifications.
We have an energized team of great people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. If you're interested in a position that offers more than just a technical challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
* Serve as primary QA engineer, building a deep understanding of our backend systems through testing our infrastructure, cloud services, and dev ops automation tools
* Clearly and precisely identify, track, and document issues
* Reproduce bugs and perform meticulous regression testing
* Write and follow detailed test plans for new features
* Collaborate with the development team to document software and systems functionality
* Identify QA bottlenecks and suggest strategies for clearing them
* Partner with team members to create and implement an automated testing strategy
* 5-10 years experience in software quality assurance
* Ability to write and run raw SQL queries in MySQL or PostgreSQL; knowledge of other data storage a plus
* Awareness of typical programming errors and the unexpected things users do whether accidentally or maliciously
* Experience measuring performance (reading and interpreting metrics dashboards, using benchmarking tools, etc.) and security testing
* Strong track record with automated testing tools
* Working knowledge in systems or operations at OS and basic networking levels.
* Maddeningly creative approach to breaking things and other chaos monkey skills
* Excellent communication skills, primarily in a virtual work environment
* Willingness to become a Civiqs platform expert
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 - $95,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to Civiqs' Engineering Manager. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid maternity/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Civiqs, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective in our work, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. The atmosphere in our office is energized by the day's news events, and people united by common cause. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.