**PART-TIME JOB: 2 days per week (with opportunity to increase workload in 3-6 months)**
We are searching for the right Infrastructure Engineer to join Belighted in its mission to design and build extraordinary products for software innovators.
As a software house, we currently work with 10-20 different customers and our infrastructure stack is custom for each project, ranging from a single dedicated web server to multiple EC2/RDS instances. We are looking for someone able to help us evolve into a single way of hosting on AWS, and then be the unique person responsible for deploying, maintaining and monitoring all of our customers’ projects.
You will work on customer and internal projects under the supervision of a project manager in an agile environment. Your work will provide the foundation for emerging new technologies, and you’ve got the drive to make a difference. Contribute to and grow with a high-caliber team that takes pride in excellence.
Belighted helps software innovators grow their vision from idea to success. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Belgium, we have helped fuel the growth of dozens of companies across Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Germany and the United Kingdom.
We work with software businesses to design and build products on the frontlines of innovation. Excellence is at the core of all we do at Belighted, from our work building software products we are proud of, to respect for each other as individuals. We come together as a team to create extraordinary things - we are proud of what we accomplish every day and how we do it.
Our culture reflects our focus on quality and innovation. We demand quality in our work output, and we take pride and satisfaction in our services. A culture of quality shows in our relationships and our lives, as we strive for trust and transparency, empathy and team spirit, and the balance of work and life with flexibility and respect for the individual.
We believe in changing the status quo and improving the quality of life for fellow humans with software. Come join us on our journey of self-actualization and lifelong learning.
As the first Belighted Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
* Prepare the infrastructure stack for each new project on AWS, including continuous integration / continuous deployment and bug monitoring
* Migrate existing projects to this new stack
* Write/document and automate (script) procedures to simplify the deployment of each new project as much as possible
* Help the deployment of projects at the end of each sprint
* Be responsible for uptime monitoring, responding to service disruptions, and security
* Be working closely with the development team to proactively improve performance
* Be autonomous but also work in small teams of 3-4 people, under the supervision of a tech lead
* Participate in weekly progress meetings and daily discussions
* Directly contribute to the company culture and be involved in its success and growth
* 3+ years as a sysadmin / SRE / DevOps Engineer / Operations Engineer
* Proven track-record automating, load balancing and scaling systems using Amazon Web Services (including RDS, S3, EC2, LightSail, AIM, …), containerization (Docker), web servers (Nginx), Unix shell
* Prior experience managing databases (Postgres), including backups and replication
* Knowledge of web frameworks (Ruby on Rails)
* Knowledge of security issues and mitigation techniques
* You have excellent communication skills and are used to working remotely and asynchronously
* You have a startup mindset and are passionate about open source technologies
* You are proficient in English (French is a plus)