Hi! We are Smart!
Smart is an AdTech leader created in 2001 on the belief that we can disrupt the on-line advertising industry.
Headquartered in the heart of Paris and with offices in 12 countries, Smart provides cutting-edge technologies that help hundreds of prestigious customers take back control and maximize their digital revenues with a flexible and transparent audience monetization platform.
We can rely on a unique group of 280+ Smarties focused on excellence to shape our future. They continually embrace change and overcome challenge together to make innovation happen. That means we can offer you endless opportunity to do the same and let you shape the world you want!
About the team
At Smart, we’re on a mission to develop advertising technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. This means that we rely on massively scalable, widely distributed, highly available, and efficient software systems; the platform deals with over 100 billions requests per day and above 40 Gbps of network traffic.
Our innovation team based in Paris, Krakow and Nantes is composed of 90 straightforward and energetic engineers working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
The LiquidM team is a Berlin based company and part of the Smart group. It manages the demand side operations. It is a place with a flat hierarchy. For us, everybody’s opinion counts and the best ideas win. Code quality and testing are important parts of our culture as well as beer and fun events. A job at LiquidM is not only about free drinks or a great office. Work here is awesome because you become a respected part of a highly motivated and self-evolving team of great people.
You will join our fast growing RD within the LiquidM Feature team, in our office in Krakow. The only things you need in order to join us in building the greatest AdTech architecture in the world are skills in Go, some years of work experience on a Backend and maybe a bit of Ruby. You should also know or be curious about Chef, Hadoop, postgres, kafka, druid and Aerospike. Running and improving our infrastructure is always part of the job.
Working at LiquidM is never boring. While improving our stack, you will have frequent opportunities to learn about Postgres, Consul, Druid, Kafka, Aerospike, Golang, Ruby, Rails, Prometheus, Grafana and a lot more. We also contribute to open source projects as part of our work. If you are interested, check out our public repos @ https://github.com/liquidm.
What you’ll do
* Work in a Kanban, international and multi-expertise team composed of product management, software engineers, QA and DevOps
* Design develop, clean coded, elegant and robust solutions: high availability and scalability are our standards.
* Implement monitoring and testing of your developments, review code of your teammates.
* Innovate and learn in autonomy during our Smart days
* If you are passionate and motivated in what you do, you will enjoy working at LiquidM. We will provide a MacBook Pro, a Smartphone with a generous data package, the opportunity to visit conferences and very flexible working hours.
* 3+ years of software development experience building robust backend solutions (Go, Ruby)
* Interest in new technologies (Chef, Hadoop, postgres, Kafka, Grafana, druid and aerospike and large-scale technical stacks (Docker, Gitlab)
* Proficient in verbal and written in German and English
* Passion for writing high quality and maintainable code following Software Craftsmanship or Continuous Delivery
* Personal projects with code sharing, we’re curious about your art!
We are one! At Smart, we care for our people. We are certified Happy At Work and are constantly improving our working environment. Meet the team here
Grow with us! You will work in a challenging and fast-paced profitable context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally. Flexible working policy.
Leave your mark! Smart is a human-size company. Each employee can have a direct impact on our business, customers and teams.
Live global! You will work across countries cultures through geographical moves or our Backpackers program, our interoffice exchange policy to boost employees’ collaboration.
We are transparent! We speak with fact and data and have a true culture of feedback. We believe in an open world and show a strong sense of integrity both internally externally.
Smart AdServer is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at [email protected]