An experienced full-stack engineer to join the Placeit team
What would I work on specifically?
* Build prototypes.
* Write technical specs.
* Journal your process.
* QA your work.
* Update tickets and keep work organized.
* Follow the methodologies that the company provides.
* Write efficient software.
* Work with stakeholders to understand tradeoffs.
* Follow up on issues/errors on a regular basis.
* HTML (different version) and their compatibilities.
* Component frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
* HTTP: how the protocol generally works and how browsers generally deal with it.
* Web sockets and web workers.
* Experience with AJAX libraries (jQuery is required and one of these three: Backbone, Angular or React).
* Possess a good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
* Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
* Experience designing, building large-scale Ruby on Rails applications
* Experience with common libraries such as RSpec and Rescue
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN)
* Proficient in bash shell
* Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
* Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
* Knowledge of performance and reliability monitoring strategies
* A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
* Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
* Server administration/automation experience
* Worked with Aurora, Kinesis and other AWS services
* Have worked in large scale applications with at least 100k users
* Any background in video, audio or image processing on the server-side
* Clever problem solver.
Personal Competencies Required
You need to know how to:
* Be clever about how to approach problems
* Be technically curious (learning on your own)
* Have a serious interest in understanding the goal behind your work
* Push for doing things the right way the first time around
* Have empathy for our users
* Follow a formal process approach to engineering.
What does your engineering process look like?
We do believe that most people have a planning bias so most would think that we spend quite a bit of time in trying to clear and organize our minds before starting any task. We call it “X Workflow”. You can read about X Workflow here.
What do we offer?
* Remote work in Mexico
* Private Medical Insurance
* Saving funds
* Full Law Benefits
* 10 days of paid holidays
* Profit-sharing (5% of company profits)
* Pay for roundtrip tickets to anywhere in Mexico 2x a year
* Inflation adjustment of salary
* Paid for educational courses
* Unlimited ebooks/books
* Topline equipment
If you are interested, submit your application here.