TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
* We do the right thing for our customers
* We're a team, built on trust
* We're proud to be remote
* We're in control of our own destiny
TaxJar’s remote-only team of over 140 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Stack Software Engineer who wants to help us make e-commerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join one of our product engineering teams and help us build a product our customers love. The product engineering team at TaxJar is solving complex problems on a daily basis, supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in a complex domain. We deal with large datasets, intricate sales tax rules, and automating complicated processes for thousands of business customers.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer at TaxJar you will
* Be challenged to solve new problems
* Work in every part of Ruby on Rails’ MVC framework
* Build pixel perfect UX based off designer provided mock-ups
* Contribute to architectural decisions and refactors
* Review and test your teammates pull requests
* Contribute to and maintain our existing Rspec test suites
* Maintain and update our core SaaS business logic
* Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this - we’re all in it together.
* 5 - 8 years experience with Ruby on Rails and RSpec
* Ability to manage development tasks from assignment through to production
* Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
* Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
* Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in e-commerce
* Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
* Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
* Write code that is maintainable and readable by your team
* Only want to work remotely
* Are accountable for the code you deliver to production
* Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
* Highly value working with people you like and respect
* Are accountable
* Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
* Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
* Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
* Flexible vacation policy
* 401k Plan
* $1,000 in professional development credit
* Home office stipend
* Equity in a profitable company
* 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
* Mandatory Birthday holiday!
* 12 week paid maternity paternity leave
* Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.