Quantic is hiring a Full-Stack Software Engineer, based remotely in the United States, to help us grow and enhance our interactive learning platform, content authoring tools, and alumni network. In this role, you'll work with our engineering team as we scale our flagship platform to learners around the world.
As part of a growing startup, you'll have the opportunity to move between a variety of important projects throughout the platform. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic about learning to tackle new problems every day, often working directly with stakeholders across the organization.
An aside: while this job description lists a number of specific skills, the role will be tailored to the unique attributes of the individual that eventually joins. We encourage you to apply if you love collaborating in a positive environment with other engineers in support of a growing userbase.
* 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails in a production environment
* Experience designing and evolving relational database schemas
* Experience building responsive single-page web applications
* Experience writing, profiling, and optimizing SQL queries
* Experience designing and integrating REST, JSON-API, and/or GraphQL
* Authorization to work in the US
* BS degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study
* Experience with PostgreSQL in a production environment
* Experience building hybrid mobile applications
* Experience automating build and deployment processes
* DevOps experience, particularly Kubernetes, Helm, and related technologies
* Experience at an agile start-up
* A passion for education and lifelong learning
* Competitive salary + options
* Generous paid time off
* Student loan assistance
* Remote-first culture; distributed team