We are looking for an ambitious software developer to join our engineering team. You will build, test, and ship software across the stack; from browser clients to render personalized web experiences, to performant APIs to distribute data in real-time, to high-throughput data pipelines for ingesting user data. As the first engineer, you will define the architecture of our core systems, own products from infrastructure to UX, and work closely with the CTO to set the tone for the engineering culture. This role is particularly suited for senior engineers interested in building scalable web infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
* Architect, build, test, and ship highly-available services that deliver personalization at scale.
* Create and maintain open source clients our customers will use to integrate Mutiny into their stack.
* Use machine learning to surface audience segments and recommend personalizations.
* Use data to support product decisions and prioritize the right projects for the team.
* Use the right language and framework for the challenge at hand. Currently we have services in Ruby, Golang, and TypeScript and are open to expanding our stack to best address our engineering challenges.
* Build great user experiences that allow customers to easily understand their web audience and create unique experiences for them.
* Work with the founders to influence product direction and bring structure to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
* 3+ years of software engineering experience in a web development or infrastructure position.
* Fluency in a backend programming language such as Python, Ruby, Golang or Scala.
* Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other relational database, and an understanding of database performance.
* Advocate of automated testing. We always include a full suite of tests for a feature to verify and future proof our code.
* Open source contributors who want to release and maintain high-quality open source libraries.
* A proponent of diverse and inclusive engineering cultures, and a commitment to fostering such an environment.
* An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
* Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
San Francisco/remote / Remote