We are looking for Full-Stack Developers with an epic passion for technology, an obsession for quality. As part of the Mindvalley team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to contribute to the most advanced Tech projects in Mindvalley and streamline, scale and optimize our products and platforms.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Full-Stack Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current applications and processes. The Full-Stack Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication and project management skills.
To succeed as a Full-Stack Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
As a Full-Stack Developer in Mindvalley you can expect to grow with an international team and work with state of the art tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to work with different technologies and bring your ideas to the table to constantly improve the way we do things.
You must have a solution oriented mindset and you are always looking for the absolute best solutions to solve problems, and are even more productive in a collaborative team environment. In this role it's essential to be a team player - we succeed because we catch and support each other in our work. In your day to day operations you must appreciate receiving feedback on your work and at the same time you will be comfortable assisting your teammates by doing the same in the form of code reviews, general feedback and structured sharing.
* Working with our preferred technology stack (Primarily Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails).
* Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL RESTful APIs.
* Experience with designing and optimizing PostgreSQL databases. Graph database (Neo4j) experience is bonus
* Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
* Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
* Experience with testing frameworks and end to end testing
* DevOps experience is an added advantage
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design
* Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship
* Experience with modern web frameworks and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, React, Vue.js)
* Experience with Git and GitHub or similar
* A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL, MySQL (Graph Databases a bonus)
* Experience with background job processing (Oban, Sidekiq etc)
* Experience with Message Queues (Pubsub, Kafka etc)
* Comfortable working in the terminal
* Proficiency within an editor of your choice
* Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, Jasmine or equivalent
* Experience working with profiling tools
* Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies, design patterns, cloud architecture and tools.
* Consuming and integrating with third party APIs
Nice to have:
* Experience with CI/CD toolsets and DevOps an added advantage
* Experience working at startups
* Interest in EdTech
On the personal side:
* You are excellent in communication, teamwork and also independent contributions;
* You have a strong attention to detail and flexibility of adapting to fast changes;
* You work well under pressure developing key features for high volume business critical systems;
* You are available to start remotely within 1-2 months.