Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision-making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. We deliver interactions that generate intelligent insights creative ideas ensuring our clients can drive their business forward efficiently.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs 350+ professionals in 11 global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global insight platforms to strategy consulting firms, investment houses global corporations.
We are looking for an experienced software developer (minimum of 3 years experience) to build browser-based systems using NodeJS on AWS. This person would be part of a newly established agile software development team to tackle a number of exciting leading-edge software solutions which have a significant and direct business impact. We will be building web and mobile applications, deploying to AWS, with automated testing and deployment, using modern best-of-breed web technologies. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who has a solid track record of delivering web-based applications in any language, but ideally in NodeJS with solid experience with SQL, testing, and other supporting technologies.
The ideal candidate will bring in a can-do attitude, an interest in exploring state-of-the-art technologies, and a willingness to share knowledge and improvement ideas while being effective in supporting junior team members.
Location: Berlin, London or remote. Remote workers must be able to travel regularly to London or Berlin.
Reporting to: Lead Developer.
* Analyzing requirements
* Planning, designing, and coding
* Testing and documenting
* Contributing to SW architecture discussions
Profiles we are seeking
* Experience in developing browser-based business systems
* Good knowledge of SQL
* Experience in developing in NodeJS, Ruby on Rails or Java (or similar)
* Experience in developing in React
* A willingness to work in whatever language is appropriate for the project
* Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with both stakeholders, analysts, developers, and other team members in writing and in person
* Familiarity with an iterative approach to development, e.g. Agile
* Strong English language skills
* Understand the principles of TDD, use of the unit, and integration testing
* Comfortable using Git
The ideal candidate will also:
* Have experience in designing for and deploying to cloud-based services, e.g. AWS, Azure or Google
* Have experience of automated testing, including functional/integration/UAT
* Have some knowledge of maintaining CI/CD Pipelines
* Understand the concepts of "CAP Theorem", "Eventual Consistency", a fundamental understanding of Design Patterns is a plus
* Have an interest or experience in AI, especially in machine learning and NLP fields
What We Offer:
Public transportation discount
Partially refunded lunches
Urban Sports Club discount
Apply for this job