We are looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join our fully remote tech team with members in Greece, South Africa, Serbia, Nigeria and Spain, with a passion for creating beautiful and easy to use features and solving interesting problems. As a key member of our team you will have the chance to make a direct impact to the business by shaping the direction of our front-end technology stack and contributing to our back-end development processes.
Our frontend is based on React v16. Our technology stack includes Redux, Server-side rendering, a Webpack dev server with hot reloading, Sass pre-processor, protractor testing framework, and we use CircleCI and Heroku for our CI.
Our backend is based on PHP with the Symfony 4 MVC framework the Sylius e-commerce framework and we utilize a cloud-based infrastructure in Heroku and AWS. We love microservices, agile development and experimenting with new technologies.
Among others, your role would include
● Building new product features for both our customers and our operations teams
● Work closely with product managers, designers and backend engineers in order to create innovative and usable solutions
● Helping shape the technical direction - we are still a young company, and your choices will become the building blocks of our infrastructure
● Good working knowledge of at least one version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial etc)
● Strong focus on performance
Nice to haves
● Creativity and a sense for good design and user experience
● Backend programming experience in PHP, Python, Ruby or similar and at least one object oriented web framework (preferably but not necessarily Symfony, Silex or Laravel)
● Extremely competitive salary based on experience (+ equity)
● Ownership of goals and a direct impact to the business
● Being one of the first team members in one of the most promising startups in the consumer space
● A fun and friendly working environment with sharp and motivated co-workers
This is a full time permanent contractor position.