HaulHub is a rapidly growing Series-B startup that provides much-needed technology to the heavy construction industry—an industry that contributes ~12% GDP. This is a huge opportunity. We need entrepreneurial and motivated engineering leaders to build the SaaS platform that will revolutionize the industry.
As Engineering Manager, you will be focused on driving business results through software. You'll be responsible for a team of around 3-8 software engineers; provide architectural and best-practice guidance; facilitate communication; and ensure that the team delivers quality code on-time. You'll also roll up your sleeves and write code. This player/coach role is a great fit if you enjoy both leading and doing.
We believe in a positive, collaborative environment, and giving our engineers hard problems to solve and the autonomy to solve them. We have minimal process and management, relying on YOU to take initiative and rise to the challenge. If you like to move fast, appreciate responsibility and independence, and enjoy building new products, then HaulHub is for you.
This role is a full-time, remote opportunity. You must reside in the United States.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 7+ years of full-stack software experience, with 3+ years of management experience.
- Takes initiative, sets expectations effectively, and doesn't get blocked
- Communicates proactively, clearly, and concisely
- Has managed critical, complex, multi-engineer projects, and has go-to techniques to keep engineers on schedule
- Can diagnose and improve software performance across all tiers in a cloud-based web stack
- Provides excellent code reviews and ensures team code quality improves over time
- Can write complex SQL queries and can optimize poorly performing queries
- Has experience with multiple programming languages, and can pick up new tech quickly
- Has experience with ReactJS
- Has a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company-paid individual medical coverage
- 100% company-paid dental coverage
- Unrestricted vacation time
- Vision, Life, 401K and other benefit options available
- Remote work opportunities
- Ruby on Rails (Rails 6.0.3, Ruby 2.7.1)
- ReactJS, using Context and Provider patterns
- AWS Aurora Postgres 11.8
- Services deployed in AWS using Kubernetes
- Redis, CircleCI, and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.