We're life-long learners, creative thinkers, technology enthusiasts and innovators redefining the way world languages are learned and taught in interactive and intuitive environments. We love what we do and we're proud of the customer-facing products we create! Our industry-leading platform and millions of users are a testament to the passion and commitment we bring to developing the best online learning experience for language education! If you share that passion for being the best, we want to talk! Our ideal candidate looks for creative solutions, is continually learning, and loves to develop best-in-class solutions to complex technical challenges.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to support the team with the development and deployment of services and systems that support our digital products as well as new product features. In addition, you'll manage service and system access for the Engineering team. As a critical member of our tight-knit team, you'll also ensure that these services and systems meet or exceed all necessary performance, security and availability requirements.
Our Technology Stack:
* Persistence: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch
* Automation: Chef, Cloudformation
* Hosting: AWS
* O/S: Linux
* BA/ BS in computer science or related field (or equivalent experience) required
* 1+ year(s) of professional experience in DevOps or with systems admin / deployment, cloud architecture / infrastructure, Unix, networking, operating systems, and / or scripting / programming required (experience in ed-tech or education fields, a strong plus)
* Experience with cloud hosting providers, such as Amazon Web Services, required
* Working knowledge of Linux and the command line interfaces
* Experience with Ruby programming language
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible as well as configuring and managing web servers such as Nginx
* Strong experience with continuous integration systems such as AWS CodeBuild
* Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
* Experience with the Git distributed version control system.
* Experience with REST-based web application frameworks such as Rails.
* Experience with application monitoring services such as Datadog.
* Experience with Agile as applied to DevOps workflows
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Passion for learning and enjoys being a part of a small team
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays as well as virtual fitness classes and cool colleagues.
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we're not just another publisher. We're the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We're passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.