Come and join us on our mission to make FATMAP the Home of the Outdoors . . .
the place where every adventure begins.
Fatmap is expanding in Development Operations. We are looking for experienced people (f/m/d) strengthening the team with their expertise.
Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is a growing Outdoor Adventure Technology Company, building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionising the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a fast growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
Experience and mindset
Do you have a broad understanding of DevOps and SRE technologies, methodologies and tooling? Did you earn your laurels in deployment, integration, automation and orchestration? Are you interested in performing security activities early in the journey? Do you have experience creating services in a distributed system, while keeping an eye on system design and the bigger picture? Would you be excited to work on these topics in a growing, smart and eager company determined to reshape outdoor mapping? Do you love mapping and the outdoors? Then FATMAP is the place to be!
See more detail on technical experience level below.
Working at FATMAP
People at FATMAP receive a lot of autonomy at work and we offer a largely flexible environment. With our working hubs placed in Berlin (DE), Vilnius (LT) or Chamonix (FR) you'll be able to meet up with your team mates to work on a project together or just spend some time in an office environment. We are mostly remote by nature, and hence value sync time strongly. You needn't worry about your calendar being full of regular meetings. You work with bleeding edge technology, use and run them in development and production. You are enabled to actively create and contribute to processes and ways of working.
This also requires you to be able to work independently. You need problem solving and debugging skills, and a good dose of pragmatism.
* Develop and maintain (build) infrastructure as code
* Oversee and monitor FATMAP’s production environment
* Optimise processes for efficiency and simplicity
* Debug service failures
* Build and update third-party packages
* System reliability engineering
Qualification and experience
* Tools Tech: Experience with Container Concepts, Cloud and Orchestration, we use mainly Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
* Experience with one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Ruby, JS, C++
* Experience in working with databases, for example PostgreSQL
* Experience with Source Control, CI and infrastructure automation, for example Git, Jenkins, Ansible
* Bachelor’s or higher in computer science or related subject (STEM), or alternatively a minimum of 5 years of working in the field
What we offer
* 3 inspiring office hub's in Berlin, Chamonix and Vilnius
* Flexible working hours
* Opportunity to work remote
* Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
* Order your outdoor gear through one of our partners with impressive discount
* The technical tools (laptop, screens etc.) of your choice
* Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure)
* Outdoor Adventure as your core working topic - including an office/ apartment space in the mountains of Chamonix for you to receive your regular alpine inspiration dose